|Full name||Kristine Lunde-Borgersen|
|Date of birth||30 March 1980|
|Place of birth||Kristiansand, Norway|
|Playing position||Center Back|
|Current club||Viborg HK|
| Våg Vipers|
|Infobox last updated on 4 May 2009.|
|Gold||2008 FYR Macedonia|
Kristine Lunde-Borgersen (born 30 March 1980 in Kristiansand) is a Norwegian playmaker who plays for the Danish club Viborg and the Norwegian national team. She is Olympic champion and three times European champion.
In 2004 she moved to Denmark and played for Aalborg DH for 3 seasons. In 2007 she signed a 3 year contract with Viborg where she plays together with her twin sister, Katrine Lunde Haraldsen. With Viborg, she has won Danish Championship gold in 2008 and 2009, and the Danish Cup in 2007 and 2008. She won the Champions League in 2009.
Lunde-Borgersen made her debut on the Norwegian national team in 2001, with Marit Breivik as coach. Her first major competition was the 2001 World Championship in Italy, where she won a silver medal. She didn't participate in the 2002 European Championship and even though she was back in the team for Croatia 2003, her first gold medal came in 2004, when Norway won the European Championship. She was European Champion again in 2006.
Due to a shoulder injury, she missed the 2007 World Championship in France. Fully recovered, Lunde-Borgersen came back for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where Norway won a gold medal. At the end of the year, the absence of Gro Hammerseng forced Breivik to select a new captain for the 2008 European Championship. Lunde-Borgersen was chosen for the task, and as captain of the Norwegian team, she led them to their third consecutive European gold. Her performance was recognized when she was selected Playmaker of the All-Star Team and Most Valuable Player of the championship.
As of May 2009, Lunde-Borgersen has played 136 international matches and scored 414 goals.
On 3 July 2009, she married Ole M. Borgersen in Viborg domkirke in Denmark.
National team Edit
- European Championship
- Gold: 2004, 2006 and 2008
- World Championship
- Silver: 2001
- Summer Olympics
- Gold: 2008
- EHF Women's Champions League
- Winner: 2009 (Viborg)
- Semifinal: 2005/06 (Aalborg DH)
- Norwegian Championship
- Bronze: 2002/03 (Våg Vipers)
- Danish Championship
- Gold: 2008 and 2009 (Viborg)
- Silver: 2005 (Aalborg DH)
- Bronze: 2006 and 2007 (Aalborg DH)
- Danish Cup
- Winner: 2007 and 2008 (Viborg)
- Player of the year (Norwegian: Årets spiller) and Playmaker of the year 2004 in the Norwegian League 
- Playmaker of the All-Star Team and MVP at the 2008 European championship
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Kristine Lunde Borgersen. (in Danish). Viborg HK.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Norway Handball at the 2008 Beijing Summer Games. sports.reference.com.
- ↑ EURO 2008 All-Star Team. European Handball Federation. 14 December 2008.
- ↑ Landslagsprofiler – Kristine Lunde Borgersen. (in Norwegian). Norwegian Handball Federation.
- ↑ Gildeserien kvinner, sesongen 0203. (in Norwegian). Norwegian Handball Federation.
- ↑ Kristine Lunde årets Gildeseriespiller 2003/2004. (in Norwegian). Norwegian Handball Federation. 5 May 2004.